Overhead charges

Overhead charges

By decision of the public commission, the University charges an overhead fee of 10% of standard tuition in the following cases:

  • If the student has accured 200% of tuition and has over-extended his or her studies beyond the standard number of years Master's degree. That is, starting in the third year and after accruing 200% of tuition, the student will be considered as an over-extender and will be charged an extra overhead.
     
  • A student is enrolled in a program that is less than 50%.
     

Examples:

A non-thesis student of social sciences who are enrolled in 3 academic hours will pay 30% for those hours (3X10) plus 10% overhead. Total 40%.

This example only applies to students who have paid the master’s minimum accrued tuition in full. Students who have not paid in full will be required to pay 50% for their program. 
 

Important notes:

Overhead charges do not count toward accrued tuition.

A student submitting two separate class schedules (two separate programs) shall be charged overhead fees separately for each application (if the conditions listed above apply).

The 10% overhead is added to the percentage of tuition charged, even if a student is only enrolled in one semester.

Back to Tuition Homepage